Crystal Cove Alliance’s Teacher Learning Community is a professional community of teachers willing to share tested lesson plans, fund-raising ideas, and other resources with each other. Spaces in the Teacher Learning Community are limited and members must meet commitments in order to be re-admitted the following year.
As an accepted member of Crystal Cove Alliance’s Teacher Learning Community, you will receive access to:
- Online resources, such as classroom tested Pre- and Post-Trip lesson plans;
- Professional development opportunities, such as a workshop with involved scientists;
- A $250 scholarship towards your CCA program (for instance, $250 towards the MPA Cruise);
- Access to additional scholarship funding, particularly for Title I schools.
By becoming a member, you commit to:
- Attending a professional development workshop before your program;
- Taking a leadership role and facilitating one station during your program;
- Collaborating with other teachers to test and develop one pre- or post-trip lesson plan relevant to your program that can be added to the Teacher Learning Community library;
- Working with your program’s Research Coordinator to submit data collected to online databases.
If you are interested in joining Crystal Cove Alliance’s Teacher Learning Community, please download the appropriate form below and submit it to Crystal Cove Alliance’s Education team!
- Marine Protected Area Citizen Science Cruise
- Coastal Field Science Program
- Enhanced Whale Watch Cruise
Upcoming Professional Development Workshops
The morning portion of the workshop will take place at sea aboard the Western Pride; the afternoon portion will take place at Crystal Cove State Park’s Historic District. Meet in front of Davey’s Locker at 8:45 am. Visit the Davey’s Locker website for directions to the boat and parking information.
- Saturday, September 24, 2016; 9 am to 3:30 pm
- Saturday, January 28, 2017; 9 am to 3:30 pm
- Saturday, March 18, 2017; 9 am to 3:30 pm